We are proud to offer a beautiful and stylish collection of eyeglass frames in our optical, including Gucci, Kate Spade, Etnia O. Barcelona, Tom Ford, Versace, and more! Our extensive collection of designer frames is updated regularly. Shopping for new eyeglasses can feel overwhelming, but our friendly, experienced opticians will work with you to select the right eyeglass frames and lenses for your visual needs, budget, and taste. We want you to be delighted with your new eyeglasses! Our board-certified opticians and staff customize frame and lens choices for each individual patient.
Because we have our own full-service laboratory, we can deliver the best possible vision solution for our patients in a fraction of the time.
Baton Rouge frame lines:
Baton Rouge Frame Lines:
Plaquemine frame lines:
Plaquemine Frame lines:
Types of Eyeglass Lenses
Eyeglass lenses and lens treatments should help you see clearly in all facets of your life, including driving, working at a computer, reading, playing sports, and more. The optician at Southern Eye Center will ask what you do for a living, whether you commute, and what your hobbies are so they can recommend lens options tailored to your specific needs and lifestyle.
Our lenses can be treated for additional benefits that promote visual comfort, such as UV-blocking treatments, photochromic treatments, anti-scratch coatings, and anti-glare coatings.
Single vision lenses
These lenses contain a single prescription throughout the entire lens and are used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism. They are suitable for people who need glasses for either distance or reading.
Bifocal lenses have two different prescriptions in a single lens. The upper part of the lens corrects distance vision, while the lower part corrects near vision. Bifocal glasses are suitable for people who have both nearsightedness and presbyopia (age-related farsightedness).
Progressive lenses, also known as no-line bifocals, are like bifocal glasses but with a gradual transition between the two prescriptions. This provides a more natural correction for those with presbyopia, without the visible line found in traditional bifocal lenses.
We are proud to dispense Zeiss progressive lens options.
- ZEISS Progressive Individual® 2: The prescription your doctor writes for you is completely personalized for your eyes. But most progressive lenses are not: they use the same optics for many prescriptions. Your ZEISS Progressive Individual 2 lenses will be designed precisely for your prescription and manufactured with legendary ZEISS precision for superior performance. You’ll enjoy wide, spacious fields of clear vision – up to 50% larger than ordinary progressives.
- ZEISS Progressive Precision Portfolio: Mobile devices have radically changed our lives, and they make our eyes work harder than ever before. Traditional eyeglass lenses were not designed for this major shift in our visual needs. The frequent result is Digital Eye Strain, with symptoms including headaches, blurred vision and tired eyes.
- ZEISS Progressive Choice: Ordinary progressives are designed based on the needs of an average wearer with an average prescription. But if you don’t have an average prescription, you won’t get the best possible clarity. With ZEISS Progressive Choice we create a design specifically for your vision needs, so you’ll get a clearer and wider view of your world.
The optical team at Southern Eye Center has extensive knowledge and expertise in providing a wide range of specialty eyewear options. They work closely with each patient to understand their unique needs and lifestyle, and they use the latest technology and equipment to ensure that the specialty eyewear they recommend is the best fit for each person. Whether someone needs specialty eyewear to address a specific eye condition or simply wants to enhance their vision, the optical team at Southern Eye Center is committed to providing personalized, high-quality care. Some examples of specialty eyewear include the following:
Sports glasses are designed to protect the eyes from impact and glare while playing sports. They are often made with shatterproof lenses and a wrap-around frame to provide maximum protection.
Safety glasses are like sports glasses but are designed for use in hazardous environments, such as construction sites or laboratories. They are made with impact-resistant lenses and are designed to protect the eyes from flying debris or chemicals.
Computer or media glasses
Computer or media glasses are designed to reduce eye strain and fatigue caused by prolonged use of digital devices. They have lenses with a special coating that blocks blue light, which can disrupt sleep and cause eye strain. We are proud to dispense Zeiss lens options that provide relief from digital eye strain.
- Zeiss Officelens: Digital Eye Strain is often the result of wearing lenses with inadequate intermediate vision, which is vital for computer work. Digital Eye Strain results not only in eye problems but can also impact other parts of the body. Unlike reading lenses or ordinary progressives, ZEISS Officelens is designed specifically to solve this problem.
- Zeiss Digital Lens: ZEISS Digital Lens gives you a wide, clear view of the world around you, plus an area of extra focusing power designed specifically for viewing digital devices. You’ll enjoy easier focusing on your devices, relief from digital eye strain, and clarity for all activities, all day.